February’s Regular Meeting Happenings

     There was a lot to see today at the regular meeting to inspire creativity.  I wish I had photos of them ALL to show here, but I only have a fraction of them.   My camera lens is slow to respond which caused me to miss some.  A few were blurry and not worth saving.  Some I did not have a good view.  Hope you enjoy the ones I did get.

 For Monthly Challenge of “oxymoron”
“Draw a Blank” by Bev

“Good Garbage” by Elizabeth

“Earth Angel” by Judy

            “The beginning of the end” by Carol  (photo too blurry) She stitched an endless ribbon using Libby Lehman’s technique.
   
 Many got a big kick out of Karen’s block which had a large hairy brown mustache representing “My Stash” ( sorry no photo)

 For Show and Tell
We had a great variety.  Some art quilts, wall hangings, large and small bed quilts. 




                                                    Above is the back of Jan's 2 sided quilt.
                                                                  Here is the front.
 Here is the QSC scholarship quilt.  You can find out more here:  http://www.quiltersofsc.org/

One was unfinished but several had finally finished UFOs.






Here is one child’s charity quilt.

 

For our program Joni Feddersen walked us through steps to create a Zentangle art piece.  After her demo and instructions while we were working, she played some relaxing music.  Many of us created our first zentangle. 
Here is mine. 

Here are the groups examples. 

Check out her blog for more info.  http://www.patternplaywithpens.blogspot.com/

No comments: