June General Meeting Happenings

      Members of the guild gathered at the Yacht Cove Clubhouse for our meeting and potluck picnic lunch.  As expected, there was plenty of delicious food, fun and fellowship.
The hit for Show and Tell were Kathy Y’s 18” doll clothes.

 



Sandra B showed 2 of her recent fabric art dolls.



Linda S. shared a bright pieced quilt of cats


… and a bright raw edge appliqué small quilt.
  
Anita B showed a lovely piece of her husband’s hand-dyed fabric.



I showed the rainbow sundress for my granddaughter that I made from nickel squares.




After our lunch, about a dozen ladies stayed for Lari’s After-after on the twister block technique.  Lari shared directions and a linoleum template for marking the new angles.  The perpendicular intersecting lines are rotated by 60 degrees before cutting.
  


I came home and finished my example. Lari's directions told us to piece a 4 patch of 2 lights and 2 darks then add a simple border. Here is how mine started.  


  It was a simple project.  There was some waste but I can use my scraps in a crumb project.  One other concern is all the bias edges.  If I do this again, I think I will spray starch the fabric ahead of time so as to give a little more stability.
Here is my finished top. 


  


No comments: